6.02.2007

Summertime, and the livin' ain't bad

Bonfire's a-burnin'; laundry piles are high...

Note: always good to go camping with Eagle Scouts. They know how to avoid burning the whole damn canyon down.
Note: avoid standing downwind of bonfire. Smoky hair and clothes just aren't as tasty as smoky gouda.

As for why I haven't posted much lately, besides exclaiming the amazing taste of meat:

There's something about being in the midst of something completely different that completely strips me of my creative impulses. When things are comfortable, I have a blank slate to doodle tomes of seemingly coherent babble. I suppose I'm paying more attention to getting my bearings and taking in the sights than reflecting upon them. Which begs the question-- do I have to know something in order to think of something interesting to say about it?

Probably.

In the meantime, I'm putting my feet up on a Saturday night, and every little thing's gonna be alright.

No comments: