6.05.2007

Selling Out

As you may have noticed, I've applied for Google AdSense, an advertising section of Google that posts targeted ads on this website and then sends me money if enough Viewers Like You (does this sound like a PBS pledge drive yet?) click on all the ads, or something like that. I'm hoping that simply writing about it does not consititute a violation of Google's terms, which include some touchy prohibitions against the content of my blog "promoting" or "graphically pointing to" the ads themselves. Kind of like Fight Club.

Whatever.

The point of signing up and cluttering my blog is to earn coffee money, because it's one of my biggest food expenses, and that's kind of silly, especially for someone who loves food so dearly. I'm not entirely sure how much money this will actually bring in, because anyone who would appreciate my dry humor probably doesn't pay attention to the ads. Or maybe you do, which is better for me anyway.

So that's me, and that's me selling out for caffeine. I'm in college. I need it, okay?! I can stop any time; I just don't want to, yet. No judging!

2 comments:

Avinash said...

Haha, it's not easy to make money so quickly. I've been blogging for two months, and I've earned about enough to buy a couple of Big Macs. Just be warned.
~bearsnecessity.com

kfed said...

Well, I'm not sure how effective it'll be, either, but if I tell myself that I can only buy coffee from funds that come from relatively little or illicit efforts, then I'll probably drink less coffee.

At least I tell myself that.

And if that doesn't work out, I can at least eat Big Macs now. Or donate it to the homeless without feeling annoyed about losing money of my own.