4.16.2007

In five minutes, it will have been 20 years since my birth

And I bet Mom will call me at exactly 12:36, just as a reminder that she knows where she was 20 years ago.

I don't know why I'm so excited about birthdays. I just feel like I don't pay attention to myself much during any other day of the year, and no one else really gives me as much praise as when it's my birthday. So why not revel in it? It's just one day of the year!

I don't like the extravagant birthday thing (maybe when I'm older and can hire people to clean up the aftermath), but I do like being able to relax all day and not feel like everything that I'm doing is for someone else's benefit. I don't need presents, just food. Lots of food.



Update: I called Mom, because I was thinking about food and really had a hankering for her spice cake recipe with penuche frosting. She told me she was just about to pick up the phone to call me.

No comments: