3.04.2007

Well, I Declare!

It's official-- my transcript reflects that I have, in fact, declared my major (Rhetoric).

The Costs:

1. I'm no longer the free-spirited, hip, undeclared student.
2. None of my study abroad credits will apply toward this major.
3. Should I decide to stay a couple years longer and change majors, it'll be a bitch to get all the paperwork done.

The Benefits:

1. I'm no longer an undeclared gray-area, in-limbo student.
2. I'm on my department's email list for mostly unnecessary forwards and messages.
3. I need special codes to get into classes.
4. The special code means I might actually get into the classes I want.
5. I've been initiated into the secret club wherein I learn what a major in Rhetoric actually means. This will be impossible to prove to non-majors.

I am not a math major, but I think the benefits outweigh the costs both in quantity and quality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am a math major, and I'm pretty sure you could be wrong.