7.30.2008

Final countdown

Now, before any of you two or three get all huffy, I just thought I would clarify the edits I've made to the blog while I'm procrastinating writing another paper. Why I am writing a paper in July is another story for another day.

I'm ambivalent about maintaining this blog because, well, I haven't really done a very good job of it in the last year or so. The archives are pretty fun, especially the parts before I told my mom about it, but I just seem to have lost the energy to write as regularly. Right now it's sort of a "whenever-I-feel-like-it-or-when-something-is-due" blog, and that's not reliably readable. I do want to write about my travels, though, but maybe that's for another day.

I still reserve the right to begin blogging regularly in the offchance that me publishing that I am considering stopping will subconsciously change my mind.

In any case, "final countdown" still seems to capture the "old" vision of "old lady syndrome," since aren't all old ladies just in their own final countdown, anyway?

At least that's the story I'll stick to when I delete this post and begin regular posting again.

I'd say 'stay tuned,' but I think that's a bit disingenuous.

3 comments:

Christine said...

is this goodbye? sniffle.

kfed said...

no, no, no. I'm just being ambivalent and feeling badly about writing so infrequently.

Unknown said...

No huffy -- blogging is totally your choice, when or why or whatever. Enjoy it or let it go, but there are plenty enough things to feel bad about on this
planet without blogging being one of them :-)