12.26.2007

Landed



Today begins my semester-long European adventure!

Besides the almost-nightmare that was United Airlines check-in at SFO Christmas morning and tedious delay in Chicago, traveling went essentially without a hitch.

I should tell you that in drafting this post, I included many details about what I've begun to hate (and sort of find endearing) about United, including a staff of four to work over 25 check-in desks with some very long lines. But in the end I decided to omit them, both for your sake and my own: Reliving the blur was too annoying and I just want to move on.

And I did.

I made it to Paris to meet up with Ana, my dear friend/host/translator/guide, and today we trekked all over and did very French things. I have since made it my life goal to become rich enough to afford a certain level of Parisian fashion in my daywear. Not sure what my picture has to do with French fashion, but it amused me.

4 comments:

Christine said...

i'm jealous

momcat sharon said...

Wish I was in Paris sipping wine & watching the pretty men walk by... have fun!!

Anonymous said...

just a touch of fashionista....hard not to in Paris.
here's to trekking until your feet hurt but you don't even notice -- the cliche "so many ____, so little time" is apropos! Vive la France!

Unknown said...

and - don't miss the 'pain au chocolat' -- yum!