11.15.2007

Jan Nederveen Pieterse to UC Berkeley: Pre-Interview

I know I've been blogging here lately about the things I'm doing and the many ways wildfires can start, but this week, things will be a tad different.

With all my spare time, I've been offered the opportunity to interview Jan Nederveen Pieterse, a Dutch author and sociology professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He's giving a lecture at UC Berkeley tomorrow called "How European is Europe?"

After reading up on him and thumbing through one of his books, I realize that keeping up with the news is no match for actually studying the impact of world events.

I do discuss what goes on in the world and I care, but the world is big, man, and I've got a lot of work to do.

In any case, the interview is in about twelve hours. I've got class in 14 hours and a show in about 20 hours, so chances are I won't get to post it for a day or two. Nevertheless, it'll be posted here.

Update: By "day or two," I really meant week or two. Should be up soon, I promise.

No comments: